NSS Geography Curriculum
The Compulsory Part comprises seven geographical issues and problems:
Living with our physical environment
(1) Opportunities and Risks – Is it rational to live in hazard-prone areas?
(2) Managing Rivers and Coastal Environments: A continuing challenge
Facing changes in the human environment
(3) Changing Industrial Location – How and why does it change over space and time?
(4) Building a
development mutually exclusive?
Confronting global challenges
(5) Combating Famine – Is technology a panacea for food shortage?
(6) Disappearing Green Canopy – Who should pay for the massive deforestation in
(7) Global Warming – Is it fact or fiction?
The four electives are as follows:
(1) Dynamic Earth: the building of
(2) Weather and Climate
(3) Transport Development, Planning and Management
(4) Regional Study of Zhujiang